Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Time Moves so Slowly

Blair is 4 months old today! Time is going quickly but so slowly at the same time. Every day that I spend without my husband feels like an eternity but when I look back on it I realize that we are coming up on 6 months since he was convicted. I still sometimes don't believe it. I get a little more anxious every day to get his ROT back but so far, nothing.

The very first week he was taken away I was desperate to get him back. I wrote to media outlets, congress, innocence networks. Anyone I could possibly try to plead my case to. What I realized is that because of the seriousness of his charges NOBODY wants to touch it. I just want people to care. Most of the time I feel like people don't. And they probably don't. I mean, I know everyone has their own lives to attend to but I feel like my family is passed up. I want to bring the complex issue of the military justice system to light but no one is willing to listen because it has to do with the government and America is so pro-military that speaking against something they are doing is taboo. It's a pretty bleak outlook but I can't help but hope. I know I'm not alone. I found a message board with other women like me. Their husbands or loved ones have been convicted via Court Martial so we can relate. Unfortunately, it's not very active but the information there is helpful. It's called prisontalk.com. I go there to find comfort. I go there for advice. And mostly, I go there for hope. Hope that one day my life will be normal again. One day my husband will be home, in some way or another and my family will be whole. I wish I could scream at the top of my lungs and will the world to care but I can't. I can only take my life day by day and hope for the best. I don't want pity, I want change. I want what happened to me and my family not to happen to anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment