Friday, May 17, 2013

Coming Out

Well I finally got a full time job! I'm pretty excited because it was the hours I wanted (8-5 Mon-Fri) AND I get my own office. I've never had my own office! I was so relieved when I was offered the job. I will feel so much better once I have a steady income. I also plan on picking up bartending jobs on the weekends. Through my bartending school we get sought out for special events and what not. This is a chance for me to make some quick extra cash and not let my schooling go to waste! My plan is to save up to see my husband again seeing as how I had to drain my savings to pay my bills this last month. I'm getting anxious to see him again because, well, letters and phone calls don't cut it!

Still no word on his ROT. But what's new? His JAG lawyer believes this is a good thing and will ultimately help him get time off his sentence. I just want them to have an incomplete record of trial and to come home altogether. I know this is really rare but I can dream right? I miss him everyday but yesterday I missed him so much more! I think it was because yesterday a year ago I found out I was pregnant. It was the most exciting day of our lives. My husband was elated! He spilled the beans before I could. I was pretty restless yesterday so I went to see The Great Gatsby by myself. It was the first movie I've seen in a theater since December. It was so good, maybe because I could relate to Gatsby's longing for the past and the undying love he had for someone. It was lonely though. I kept wishing my husband could be there to watch it with me and discuss it. He seems to be doing ok though. He has his down days of course but he's getting involved in physical activity there which I think is doing him some good. I wish with all my heart I could move closer to him and see him every weekend but it's just not plausible right now. I only hope that his record comes back soon so we can have a plan of action. The purgatory of waiting is getting old.

I let people know on a message board I frequent what happened to my husband. It felt a bit like coming out. I didn't have to lie anymore about where he was or why he couldn't see his son. It was a bit therapeutic. I wish I could do the same thing in real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment