Monday, February 11, 2013

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is fast approaching and I miss my husband more than ever. Getting through the holidays without him was tough enough but now to face a specific holiday dedicated to love is even harder. The advertisements on TV are nonstop and I find myself angry at how unfair life can be sometimes. The one thing I am looking forward to is flying out to visit him Friday. It will be difficult though because I'll have to leave my son with my mom. But I'll finally get to see my husband after almost 3 months of him being gone. I'll get to hug and kiss him, albeit briefly, something I haven't done since Dec 1st. I'm looking forward to my trip but at the same time I'm dreading it because I know it will go way too fast. I'll fly out Friday and then come back Monday. During the week I'll get 3 hours with him and during the weekend I'll have two 3 hour visitations. He's looking forward to it as much as I am but I find myself trying to plan the next time I'll get to see him and if I'll be able to bring Blair. I want him so much to meet his son but policy may prevent that. I am ready to do what I have to in order to fight for my family though. I just wish so badly I could bring him home with me and everything would be OK. The waiting and wondering is the worst part.

I used to believe in the justice system and thought people who claimed innocence once convicted were definitely lying. My perspective has changed completely and even for those who are guilty I don't judge them anymore. Military Justice has no standard, like I said in my previous post, the punishments often don't fit the crime and panel members seem less interested in fairness than conviction rates. If my husband was convicted and put away for 8 years with no evidence how many others has this happened to? Something has to change if we want to ensure that justice is served. The zeal with which the military convicts its own is appalling and somewhat terrifying. What is to stop someone from just trying to ruin a soldier's life out of spite? It happened to my husband and although we are fighting it tooth and nail there is no guarantee that he will walk free without a felony hanging over his head the rest of his life. Knowing these facts is pretty disheartening sometimes but I can't give up. Not only is my husband relying on me but so is my son. He deserves his family and a happy future. We all do.

No comments:

Post a Comment